- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon each ground allspice, cloves and cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1-3/4 cups raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in jam. Combine the flour, baking soda and spices; add into creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Stir in the raisins, walnuts and apple. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Apple-Raisin Bundt Cake
Sort By :
Excellent. Reminds me a bit of fruitcake ( a good one)
I made the bread a day early and it was perfect the day of the brunch. The left overs even tasted great 4 days later!
I had some extra apples that needed using and came across this recipe and gave it a try. It was wonderful--easy and tasty. My mom liked it so well she has requested it for her birthday this year.