- Punch down and turn over in bowl. Cover and let rise 30 minutes. In a
- small bowl, combine the apples, raisins and lemon juice. Divide
- dough into three parts; knead a third of the apple mixture into each
- part. Shape each into a round flat ball. Place each in a greased
- 8-in. round baking pan that has been sprinkled with cornmeal. Cover
- and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Brush each loaf with egg and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350°
- for 30-35 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when tapped. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 135 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.