"Our six children love this for breakfast on a chilly morning, but try it for your next party. It makes the kitchen smell warm and cozy." Janelle Fahnestock, Lititz, Pennsylvania
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 loaf (1 pound) day-old cinnamon-raisin bread, cubed
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 7 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- VANILLA SAUCE:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine bread cubes and apples; sprinkle over butter. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla. Pour over bread; let stand for 15 minutes or until bread is softened.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and water until smooth. Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Serve with warm bread pudding. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/4 cups sauce).
Originally published as Apple-Raisin Bread Pudding in Taste of Home October/November 2009, p29
Reviews for Apple-Raisin Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review