Apple-Raisin Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional fat-free milk, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. Whisk eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients until blended. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in apple, raisins and walnuts.
- 2. Transfer to an 8-in.-square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and a thermometer reads 160°. Serve with additional milk if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece (calculated without additional milk): 349 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 397mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Apple-Raisin Baked Oatmeal
"I enjoy baked oatmeal as it is a great dish to play with. I left out the nuts because I do not like them but added some peanut butter instead. I also left out the eggs and added mashed bananas in their place. Very good!"
"Do you serve this warm or cold?"
"Delicious recipe, Christina. I cut this recipe into thirds and baked it in 2 ramekins so I could take it to work for breakfast. It is easily prepared, delicious and nutritious with many ingredients options."
"This baked oatmeal was pretty good, especially served with milk. I omitted the walnuts, and used golden raisins. My husband really enjoyed it, but next time I will add more cinnamon - I thought it was a little bland."
"I also baked it in a 13x9 pan"
"I modified this recipe....I made it the night before and refridgerated it and baked it in the morning.I used 2/3 cup dates instead of the walnuts and raisins. I also added 1/4 cup peanut butter and 2TBS apple sauce to the recipe."
"I've never made baked oatmeal before, so can't compare it to other recipes. I was good and easy to make. I replaced some of the milk with eggnog for added flavor. It was sweet without being too sweet."