Apple-Raisin Baked Oatmeal
Baked oatmeal is a popular breakfast in my house. I make it often for my husband and seven children because it's budget friendly and versatile. I like to add a variety of dried fruits or nuts to mix it up. —Christina Smeal, Fairmont, West Virginia
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional fat-free milk, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Whisk eggs and
- milk; stir into dry ingredients until blended. Let stand for 5
- minutes. Stir in the apple, raisins and walnuts.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until edges are
- lightly browned and a thermometer reads 160°. Serve with
- additional milk if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without additional milk) equals 349 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 397 mg sodium,