Apple Pumpkin Muffins
The combination of apples and pumpkin makes this recipe a perfect treat for cool autumn day. The muffins are great for breakfast or dessert.
More Pumpkin Muffins »
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small
- bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just
- until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin
- cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until
- muffins test done. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 221 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.