- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Pumpkin Muffins
Sort By :
"Followed recipe exactly, down to the cooking time, and they turned out perfect! So delicious. Nice, full, round shape; moist, but fluffy texture. They only thing I wish I'd done differently--as another reviewer also mentioned--was be a bit more generous with the apples (I didn't actually measure those). I might also try adding some clove spice next time too."
"Moist and delicious... Especially right out of the oven, but still great when cooled."
"A good flavor combination, very moist and pretty easy to make. Be generous with the apples. I wished that I had added more. I also added a few dashes of ground cloves. Smells so good!"
"These are delicious. When I was mixing them, I thought it was going to be way too dry, but it turned out not to be. These are moist and very flavorful. A few changes I made were adding 1 and a half cups of sugar rather than 2, it seemed like too much but sprinkled the tops with sugar in the raw. I used 1 cup of whole wheat flour, and couldn't find any nutmeg in my cupboard so I used pumpkin pie spice."