Apple Pull-Apart Bread Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4-1/2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in milk. Add 2 tablespoons butter, egg, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt and 3 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 2. Combine the apple, pecans, cinnamon and remaining sugar; set aside. Punch dough down; divide in half. Cut each half into 16 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, pat or roll out each piece into a 2-1/2-in. circle. Place 1 teaspoon apple mixture in center of circle; pinch edges together and seal, forming a ball. Dip in remaining butter.
- 3. In a greased 10-in. tube pan, place 16 balls, seam side down; sprinkle with 1/4 cup apple mixture. Layer remaining balls; sprinkle with remaining apple mixture. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over warm bread. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 piece: 248 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Apple Pull-Apart Bread
"Yum! I made this with a few changes. Walnuts, added craisins and a little nutmeg with the cinnamon. For the glaze I just added some icing sugar to the leftover juices/sugar/spice solution. This made a delicious Sunday brunch. Just add a fresh coffee. Excellent recipe."
"I made this for our New Year's Day breakfast, delicious...Ithe dough was lovely and the filling delicious. I also made. Extra filling as we like a lot of filing in our sweets.....will make again. Nice for family, great for company !"
"Mmmmm delicious! I also doubled the filling. Made it ahead for Christmas morning. I will put it in the freezer before my husband dives into it. I had a sample from the bottom of the pan."
"Loved these. I did use my standard recipe for a sweet dough, but followed rest of recipe. I did double the apple filling as others suggested. Looked so pretty, I hated to pulled off some of the rolls to share with others. Will definitely make again, maybe tomorrow!!"
"WONDERFUL recipe. I'd give it more stars if I could. This has become a favorite within our house and with anyone we've shared it with. I don't even have to use the glaze any more."
"AMAZING! Time consuming, but definitely worth it. Thanks for the reviews ladies...definitely double up on the filling. LOVED it"
"So delicious smelling and tasting. Ummmm!"
"We love this! I double the filling, we like it better that way."
"I have made this recipe many times and it is still one of my favourite go to recipes. The only thing I would recommend is to double the filling because there never seems to be enough"