- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- Confectioners' sugar
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. In another bowl, beat the egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop teaspoonfuls of batter, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels; roll in confectioners' sugar while warm. Serve warm. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Apple Puffs in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p61
Reviews for Apple Puffs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2013
"They were not puffy - finished product were heavy."
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2011
"My daughter and I really like these. They are a nice change from heavy, rich desserts and a great way to use up extra apple. My daughter requests them often! Thanks for sharing."