Apple Puff Pancake Recipe
"For a light breakfast, lunch or brunch entree, this fluffy baked pancake is very little fuss," assures Sharon Emery , New Burnside, Illinois. "It's economical too."
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour and salt. Add the eggs, milk and butter. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the chopped apple, jelly and cinnamon in a saucepan. Cook and stir until jelly is melted. Cut pancake into fourths; place two pieces on each plate. Top with apple mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (2 pieces) equals 476 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 236 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 79 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC