Apple Puff Pancake
"For a light breakfast, lunch or brunch entree, this fluffy baked pancake is very little fuss," assures Sharon Emery , New Burnside, Illinois. "It's economical too."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt. Add the eggs, milk and
- butter. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at
- 400° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine the chopped apple, jelly and cinnamon in a
- saucepan. Cook and stir until jelly is melted. Cut pancake into
- fourths; place two pieces on each plate. Top with apple mixture.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 pieces) equals 476 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 236 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 79 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.