Apple Praline Cups
We have three apple trees in our yard...this recipe puts that delicious fruit to good use! The aroma of this quick-to-fix dessert baking is absolutely wonderful.Gloria Kirchman, Eden Prairie, Minnesota
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 8 flour tortillas (7 or 8 inches), warmed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- Brush both sides of tortillas with butter; press into 10-oz. custard
- cups. Place on baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or
- until golden. Cool.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute apples over medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Stir in ice cream topping, flour and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Cook
- and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and apples are
- tender, about 4 minutes. Spoon into tortilla cups. Bake at 375°
- for 10 minutes. Top with whipped topping and pecans. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 488 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 455 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.