We have three apple trees in our yard...this recipe puts that delicious fruit to good use! The aroma of this quick-to-fix dessert baking is absolutely wonderful.—Gloria Kirchman, Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- 8 flour tortillas (7 or 8 inches), warmed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Brush both sides of tortillas with butter; press into 10-oz. custard cups. Place on baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Cool.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute apples over medium heat for 8 minutes. Stir in ice cream topping, flour and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and apples are tender, about 4 minutes. Spoon into tortilla cups. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Top with whipped topping and pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apple Praline Cups in Country Woman September/October 1997, p35
Reviews for Apple Praline Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review