Apple Pork Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 pound boneless pork loin chops, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh carrot
- 1/3 cup sliced onion
- 1/3 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup apple pie filling
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, cider and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in oil for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 2. Add the celery, carrot, onion, red pepper, water chestnuts and ginger; stir-fry until vegetables are tender. Add pie filling.
- 3. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup pork mixture with 1/2 cup rice equals 370 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 494 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.