Apple Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. Cut eight to ten 1-in. slits in top of roast; insert garlic slices. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown roast on all sides. Transfer to a roasting pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, vinegar, thyme and sage; brush over roast. In a small saucepan, combine the broth, apple juice and jam. Cook and stir over medium heat until jam is melted; pour over roast. Arrange apples around roast.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally. Remove roast to a warm serving platter; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 4. Meanwhile, skim fat from pan juices. Set aside 1/2 cup juices; pour remaining juices and apples into a large saucepan. Combine cornstarch and sour cream until smooth; stir into reserved pan juices. Stir into saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with roast. Yield: 10 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 278 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Apple Pork Roast
"The gravy made this, oh, so good!"
"This is an amazing recipe. Simple & DELICIOUS!! Made it for dinner w/ my in-laws and everyone loved it. Definitely one to make again and share with all."
"This is amazing! I changed it a little - the only pork roast I could find was garlic/onion flavored, so I skipped the garlic slices. I also put this all in a slow cooker for 8 hours, and added a few potatoes. I haven't even made the gravy - don't need it!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer