- Brown pork in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add water, onion, sage
- and salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until
- meat is tender. Combine flour and milk to form a smooth paste;
- gradually add to pork mixture. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2
- minutes. Spoon half into prepared shell. Top with apples and
- sprinkle with sugar. Spoon remaining pork mixture over apples.
- Arrange pastry wedges on top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°;
- bake 30-40 minutes longer or until pastry is lightly browned and
- crisp. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 440 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 533 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer