Apple Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth; set aside. In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute apple and onion until apple is crisp-tender. Stir in the broth mixture, apple juice, mustard and thyme; bring to a boil. Add pork chops. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 221 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Apple Pork Chops
"Delicious! I used apple cider instead of chicken broth and apple juice. I added a tablespoon of brown sugar to apple onion mixture and a tablespoon of brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of rosemary to sauce."
"Sounds good, but I've been searching for unsweetened apple juice for 6 months now. Any suggestions?"
"We grilled the pork chops vs. cooking on the range, then let them simmer in the apple sauce. Both my husband and I still think it was a good recipe with lots of flavor."
"I made this for my family, and it was good. It is perfect for the fall. The apples were flavorful and delicious, but the gravy was not as tasty as I hoped. Next time I will add more spices, but there will be a next time! :)"
"Bland, not much flavor."
"It was good! I like the sweetness of the apple with the mustard..I only had sweet onion mustard but I think it went well."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.