I've loved this recipe since the first time I tried it. The apples and raisins give a nice homey flavor to the stuffing.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch and 8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small tart apple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1-1/2 cups crushed chicken stuffing mix
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a large skillet, brown meat in oil for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove from the heat and keep warm. (Let meat stand for 5 minutes before adding to baking dish.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the water, butter, apple and raisins; bring to a boil. Stir in stuffing mix. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Top with meat. Spoon soup over meat and stuffing.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apple Pork Chop Casserole in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p209
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Apple Pork Chop Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review