- 2 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch and 8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small tart apple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1-1/2 cups crushed chicken stuffing mix
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a large skillet, brown meat in oil for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove from the heat and keep warm. (Let meat stand for 5 minutes before adding to baking dish.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the water, butter, apple and raisins; bring to a boil. Stir in stuffing mix. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Top with meat. Spoon soup over meat and stuffing.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Apple Pork Chop Casserole
Sort By :
"Using the recommended cooking time, these chops came out pretty tough. However, I used pork chops with bones, so that may have contributed to the cooking time error. All in all, this was one of the few recipes my family requested me NOT to make again."