Apple Plum Streusel Dessert Recipe
Mom would make this German delicacy and other sweets a day ahead to keep the oven free for the roast goose. Similar to coffee cake, this attractive dessert is filled with sweet fruit and topped with chopped nuts and a drizzle of icing. -Rosemarie Forcum White Stone, Virginia
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 to 7 medium unpeeled plums, thinly sliced
- 5 to 6 medium unpeeled Golden Delicious apples, thinly sliced
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar. Beat in eggs and extracts until blended. Beat mixture on hight speed for 3 minutes. Combine the flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture. Spread the batter into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Arrange plum and apple slices over batter.
- 2. For streusel, combine the flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in pecans. Sprinkle over fruit.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. For glaze, whisk confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over streusel. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 330 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Apple Plum Streusel Dessert
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC