- 2-1/3 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- APPLE TOPPING:
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CHEESE TOPPING:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a saucepan, heat water, milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat for 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough. Turn onto a floured surface; cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook and stir apples in butter over medium heat for 2 minutes. Combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; stir into skillet. Cook 3 minutes longer. Reduce heat to low; cook, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese topping ingredients. For streusel, in a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Pat dough onto a greased 14-in. pizza pan, building up edges slightly. Spread with cheese topping, then apple topping. Sprinkle with streusel. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Apple Pizza
Sort By :
"im starting tommarow this project at school i go to school at fhs im 15 in 9th grade tommarow i will tell you if i liked it"
"im fixing to try it i hope its delicous see me at roblox.com"
"Very good crust. I was happy to find a recipe for fruit pizza that used a homemade crust. The combo of flavors is delicious. Everyone enjoyed it. It takes a bit to prepare, it took me closer to an hour (first time). But I would definitely make it again. My husband wants me to sub. peaches next time. I've already done frozen cherries (thawed and mixed with a bit of flour), omitted the caramel sauce and drizzed the finished pizza with chocolate sauce."