- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1-1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- In a saucepan, combine water, butter and 1 cup sugar; cook over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Unroll each tube of crescent roll dough into a rectangle; seal seams and perforations.
- Combine the apples, pie spice and remaining sugar; sprinkle over dough to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut into 1-in. rolls; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 1-in. baking dish. Pour syrup over rolls.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Pinwheels
"Maybe refrigerate the roll ups before slicing?"
"these are AWESOME!! mine turned out like the pic too and i agree with SDawsonH they need a scoop of icecream. MMMMM they are delicious!!! what a hit!! and i baked them a full 25 min. u dont want to over bake them but definitely not UNDER BAKE either!!!!"
"This was extremely easy to make...the time listed is correct; no more than 20 minutes to assemble, so it is great for a quick treat. This turned out great for me and a nice desert for a dinner party if plated (might I suggest a scoop of vanilla ice cream?!?). Or, think about this as an option for a brunch? This would be a hit!"
"They do make a seamless crescent roll dough now, this may help with some of the "leaking" problems."
"Didn't have any of the problems others complained about. They came out just like the photo...wonderfully light and crispy on top, nicely apple pie flavored. I did think they were sweet enough that they might make a better dessert than breakfast, which is what I served them for. Oh, and I added 1/2 c. pecans to apple filling."