In Scottsdale, Arizona, Christine Campos swirls convenient crescent roll dough with a spiced apple filling for homemade appeal. "The apple flavor is simply wonderful," she reports. "For an extra-special touch, drizzle the rolls with a confectioners' sugar glaze."
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1-1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- In a saucepan, combine water, butter and 1 cup sugar; cook over
- medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Set
- Unroll each tube of crescent roll dough into a rectangle; seal seams
- and perforations.
- Combine the apples, pie spice and remaining sugar; sprinkle over
- dough to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting
- with a long side. Cut into 1-in. rolls; place in a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. x 1-in. baking dish. Pour syrup over rolls.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 110 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.