Apple Pineapple Salad Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat margarine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Artificial sweetener equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups chopped apples
- 2 cups green grapes
- 2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Drain pineapple juice into a saucepan. Add margarine and lemon juice; cook over medium heat until margarine is melted. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juice mixture. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; add sweetener. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. In a large bowl, combine pineapple, apples, grapes and poppy seeds. Add the dressing; toss to coat Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, gently toss in pecans. Yield: 16 servings.
1/2 cup: 105 calories, 6g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Apple Pineapple Salad
"My daughter makes this so delicious"
"Deee-lish! And I love the fact that this is a fruit salad I can make all year long. The apples stay beautiful."
"I can't count how many times I've made this salad to take to potlucks; always a hit. For me the pecans give it that little extra something that other fruit salads don't have."
"Very easy to make. Works well at potlucks or just about any meal."
"This is a very yummy fall salad. Since you have to cook the dressing it takes a little extra time but the flavors really blend nicely."