Apple Pineapple Crisp Recipe
In Stoneboro, Pennsylvania, Nancy Foust spices up this comforting crumb-topped fruit dessert with cinnamon and nutmeg. "We like servings of this warm out of the oven," she writes.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 jar (3 ounces) macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1. In a bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, lemon peel, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add the apples and pineapple, toss to coat. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In another bowl, combine oats, flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts; sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Cover loosely with foil; bake 15 minutes longer or until apples are tender and topping is golden. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 184 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC