Apple Pie Tartlets Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface; cut into twenty 2-1/2-in. circles. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Prick pastry with a fork. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pastry.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 3. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add apples; cook and stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 4. Stir in the sugar, caramel topping, flour, cinnamon, lemon juice and salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and apples are tender. Cool for 5 minutes. Spoon into tart shells. Yield: 10 servings.
One serving (2 tartlets) equals 150 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.