Apple Pie Tartlets Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface; cut into twenty 2-1/2-in. circles. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Prick pastry with a fork. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pastry.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 3. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add apples; cook and stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 4. Stir in the sugar, caramel topping, flour, cinnamon, lemon juice and salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and apples are tender. Cool for 5 minutes. Spoon into tart shells. Yield: 10 servings.
2 each: 150 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Apple Pie Tartlets
"I think the sugar foe the filling should be reduced; 1 1/3 tablespoons is sufficient, but it depends on your taste. Also, eliminate the caramel topping as the added sugar from both the apples and white sugar will make it too sweet. If you need a slight liquid to cook the apples, use a scant amount of water; maybe 1 tablespoon, and cook until the apples are slightly caramelized but not mushy (about 5 to 6 minutes). I would use a regular size muffin tin for my own personal preference, which would mean doubling the recipe."
"I used a Pillsbury pie crust and rolled it significantly thinner before cutting circles. And I brushed lightly with melted butter because we didn't have cooking spray. This was a huge hit with everyone!!"
"Fantastic !! The only change I made was to use the frozen tart shells instaed of making my own. The sauce thickened very quickly before the apples were tender so I just added some water until they were soft enough. My family and dinner quests loved them."
"So incredibly easy and I hardly go two or three days without being asked to make them for someone :)"
"Very good but a little too sweet."
"These were the greatest little apple pies I have ever made. If you use the frozen little tarts, you don't have to use the oven which makes these the quickest summer treats that taste good."
"Very tasty. I would make the crusts a little thinner though."
"I made these and everybody that tried them thought they were great"
"These are so excellent. The only thing I did differently was to use light butter. Yummy!"
"This was excellent, I would like to ask what mullenpm thought? since this is someplace where you can tell us what you thought after you made it? otherwise, you telling us the obvious, is pure ridiculous for your comment. Those of us that DID make it, seemed to have enjoyed it? 3, yes 3, T sugar for 10 servings..does not make it prohibitive for Diabetics, if you are Diabetic you know how to exchange this!!!!"
"No recipe which calls for sugar is "diabetic friendly" - and the fat free ice cream topping also contains sugar."
"Family gobbled up. Only thing I changed was I used 1/2 cup melted caramels instead of ice cream caramel topping also doubled recipe and forgot lemon juice didn't seem to notice. I also made my own pie dough sweetened with sugar"
"This was very easy and they taste very good. Nice one bite to pop in your mouth! Definitely make it again."
"I have not made them as yet but will soon. I was wondering if I could use the frozen tart shells from the grocery store. Thanks BJ"
"Huge hit at cockatil parties and easy to make!"
"This was absolutely delicious and a hit with my family! I actually opted to make the crust with my homemade crust instead of from the store and it was phenomenal. My roommate has requested these for her reception!"
"I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF MARY KELLY EVER LIVED IN FARIBAULT, MN. MY NEIGHBOR LADY WAS MARY KELLEY. SHE WAS THE BEST NEIGHBOR FOR MAKING BAKED GOODS."
"Yummy and satsfying sweet treat"
"The printing hotlink is broken. Again."