Apple Pie Sour Cream
Want to know the secret in this version of an All-American favorite? It's sour cream! One bite, and you'll find yourself making this deliciously different pie often.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 5 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 4 large)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
- Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons streusel in
- pastry shell. Arrange half the apples in overlapping rows in pastry
- shell; sprinkle with lemon juice. Combine sour cream and milk;
- spread over apples. Arrange remaining apples over sour cream mixture
- in overlapping rows; sprinkle with remaining streusel.
- Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and streusel is
- browned. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white