Apple Pie Puff Pancake Recipe
this thick and puffy pancake has such a pretty presentation that it gets high praise from family and company alike. Four an extra-special touch, try topping each serving with warm pancake syrup and a dollop of whipped cream.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Dash salt
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple or peach pie filling
- Toasted walnuts, optional
- 1. Place butter in a 10-in. ovenproof skillet. Place in a 425° oven just until melted. In a large bowl, beat the flour, eggs, milk and salt until smooth. Leaving 1 tablespoon melted butter in the skillet. Stir the remaining butter into the batter.
- 2. Pour batter into hot skillet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, warm pie filling over low heat until heated through. Pour into center of puff pancake. Sprinkle with walnuts if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 510 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 262 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC