Apple Pie Pastries
My coworker Debbie treated the office to these spectacular mini apple pies. Everyone fell in love with the warm filling and flaky, buttery crust. —Ginny Alfano, Canastota, New York
16 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 6 small tart apples, peeled and cored
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle with vinegar. Gradually add milk, tossing with a fork until
- dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until
- easy to handle.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and
- cinnamon. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter until crumbly; set aside. Melt
- the remaining butter. Cut apples into 1/2-in. rings.
- Shape dough into sixteen 11/2-in. balls; roll into 5-in. circles.
- Brush with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Place one apple ring in the center of each circle. Top each with 2