Apple Pie Pastries Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 6 small tart apples, peeled and cored
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle with vinegar. Gradually add milk, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter until crumbly; set aside. Melt the remaining butter. Cut apples into 1/2-in. rings.
- Shape dough into sixteen 11/2-in. balls; roll into 5-in. circles. Brush with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Place one apple ring in the center of each circle. Top each with 2 teaspoons brown sugar mixture. Fold edges of dough over apple rings, leaving centers uncovered; crimp edges. Brush dough with remaining melted butter; sprinkle with sugar.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and apples are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Apple Pie Pastries(6)
Sort By :
this wasn't any more time consuming than a regular apple pie and it was worth all the 'effort'
I gave this a 4 because I only use the crust recipe. I love it, it's light, buttery and flaky, just the way I like my pie. The whole recipe was too time consuming for me to try more than once.
i loved it. it was so easy to make.
The kids loved them! This is the best pie dough ever!!!
5 stars for taste~4 stars for the prep work.
Made for bake sale and received a lot of requests for the recipe. Every moment of prep was worth the effort, they were delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Mother's Day Pastry Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >