- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 6 small tart apples, peeled and cored
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle with vinegar. Gradually add milk, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter until crumbly; set aside. Melt the remaining butter. Cut apples into 1/2-in. rings.
- Shape dough into sixteen 11/2-in. balls; roll into 5-in. circles. Brush with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Place one apple ring in the center of each circle. Top each with 2 teaspoons brown sugar mixture. Fold edges of dough over apple rings, leaving centers uncovered; crimp edges. Brush dough with remaining melted butter; sprinkle with sugar.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and apples are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Apple Pie Pastries
Sort By :
"We thoroughly enjoyed these mini apple pies. They are nice for eating out of hand, but would be great with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream as well. I made a few changes, ie. part whole wheat flour, less butter, and did not peel the apples. I also put about half a teaspoon of raisins in the centre of the apple rings before adding the brown sugar filling mixture. I love the idea of pre portioned desserts, and these did not disappoint."
"These were SO good. I made three slices in each apple and made 18 balls. I will sure make them again as my picky husband loved them!"
"this wasn't any more time consuming than a regular apple pie and it was worth all the 'effort'"
"I gave this a 4 because I only use the crust recipe. I love it, it's light, buttery and flaky, just the way I like my pie. The whole recipe was too time consuming for me to try more than once."
"i loved it. it was so easy to make."