This warm and comforting dessert brings back memories of time spent with my family around the kitchen table. I serve this dish with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream as a topper.—Carol Greer, Earlville, Illinois
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1-2/3 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 medium apples, peeled and finely chopped
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pie spice and salt. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, 1 cup milk and vanilla until blended. Add to oat mixture, stirring just until moistened. Fold in apples.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until apples are tender and top is set.
- Stir in remaining milk. Serve warm or cold, with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple Pie Oatmeal Dessert in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p84
Reviews for Apple Pie Oatmeal Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2015