- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1-2/3 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 medium apples, peeled and finely chopped
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pie spice and salt. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, 1 cup milk and vanilla until blended. Add to oat mixture, stirring just until moistened. Fold in apples.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until apples are tender and top is set.
- Stir in remaining milk. Serve warm or cold, with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Apple Pie Oatmeal Dessert
"I made this recipe for my husband and I for dessert after supper... It was really good! I didn't put apple pie spice in ( I didn't have it ), or the milk after cooking it. All in all a good recipe and something I would not have thought up myself! We also thought it would be a good breakfast food."