This warm and comforting dessert brings back memories of time spent with my family around the kitchen table. I serve this dish with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream as a topper. —Carol Greer, Earlville, Illinois
Featured In: Apple Pie-Inspired Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1-2/3 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 medium apples, peeled and finely chopped
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pie spice and salt. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, 1 cup milk and vanilla until blended. Add to oat mixture, stirring just until moistened. Fold in apples.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until apples are tender and top is set.
- Stir in remaining milk. Serve warm or cold, with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple Pie Oatmeal Dessert in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p84
Reviews forApple Pie Oatmeal Dessert
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2015