- 4 to 5 large Golden Delicious apples, peeled and sliced (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup water
- 5 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace, optional
- In a Dutch oven, combine apples and water. Cover and cook slowly until tender. Measure 4-1/2 cups apples; return to the pan. (Save remaining apple mixture for another use or discard.)
- Stir in sugar and butter. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Stir in spices. Carefully ladle hot mixture into seven hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 7 half-pints.
Reviews for Apple Pie Jam
Sort By :
"Yum! Will make again! No need to say more!"
"My family loves this jam! I like to use a variety of cooking apples which produces a little different texture, depending upon choices, but it has always been a no fail recipe for me! I use it on toast as well as in fruit bars and jam cake."
"do I have torefrigerate the jam after I make it"
"I made this jam every year as Christmas gifts. It's ALWAYS a hit!!"
"I am on the east coast so our favorite apple is the Macintosh, do you think it would work with those?"