- 4 to 5 large Golden Delicious apples, peeled and sliced (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup water
- 5 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace, optional
- In a Dutch oven, combine apples and water. Cover and cook slowly until tender. Measure 4-1/2 cups apples; return to the pan. (Save remaining apple mixture for another use or discard.)
- Stir in sugar and butter. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Stir in spices. Carefully ladle hot mixture into seven hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 7 half-pints.
Reviews for Apple Pie Jam
Sort By :
"This was so good I had to make more. Everyone I've shared it with loves it. Yes, it does taste just like the all American apple pie."
"Yum! Will make again! No need to say more!"
"My family loves this jam! I like to use a variety of cooking apples which produces a little different texture, depending upon choices, but it has always been a no fail recipe for me! I use it on toast as well as in fruit bars and jam cake."
"do I have torefrigerate the jam after I make it"
"I made this jam every year as Christmas gifts. It's ALWAYS a hit!!"