Apple Pie Jam Recipe
- 4 to 5 large Golden Delicious apples, peeled and sliced (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup water
- 5 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace, optional
- In a Dutch oven, combine apples and water. Cover and cook slowly until tender. Measure 4-1/2 cups apples; return to the pan. (Save remaining apple mixture for another use or discard.)
- Add sugar and butter to pan; bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Quickly stir in pectin; return to a full rolling boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Stir in spices. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 7 half-pints.
Reviews for Apple Pie Jam(36)
Sort By :
Today I made 3 different types of Jam for Holiday gifts, the Apple Pie Jam was hands down the best. In fact I plan to make more and not give them away, this is the best apple jam recipe ever. Really does taste like apple pie. I did not alter the recipe in any way, try it as is, it is wonderful.
Made this and it is delicious. I have shared this recipe with many friends.
I was wondering if you have a version that is no sugar or less sugar? Thanks
I've made this twice. Everyone that's tried it, loved it. Makes a pretty gift. Thank you for sharing
Made this yesterday an had some on toast this morning..very tasty! Used Golden Delicious apples but will use Cortlands next time...definitely a keeper recipe.
omg its so good, taste like apple pie, good on anything even ice cream