Apple Pie Jam Recipe
- 4 to 5 large Golden Delicious apples, peeled and sliced (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup water
- 5 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace, optional
- In a Dutch oven, combine apples and water. Cover and cook slowly until tender. Measure 4-1/2 cups apples; return to the pan. (Save remaining apple mixture for another use or discard.)
- Stir in sugar and butter. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Stir in spices. Carefully ladle hot mixture into seven hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 7 half-pints.
Reviews for Apple Pie Jam
Sort By :
"I made this for the first time and tried a bit of the left over that didn't fit in the jar; I thought it was too spicy. But after letting it sit over night and having it on toast the next morning it was very good....a keeper. I was wondering though if you could use apple pie spice in place of the cinnamon and nutmeg....anyone know?"
"My first time canning apple jam! So easy!My family loves it. Made plenty to give as Christmas gifts this year.Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! :)"
"My family thinks this is a keeper."
"Hi Ceege, we have verified with a number of experts that the processing time would be the same time listed in the recipe.susieQTee, yes, you would store it in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 weeks."
"I'm extremely new to canning. I have a question that I think the info for should've been included in the instructions for us canning newbies: can anyone tell me once a jar is opened does it get stored in the fridge, and, for how long will it last once opened? Thanks ahead of time to all my other ToH reviewers :)"