"This dish is not only easy but very elegant," relates Renee Zimmer of Gig Harbor, Washington. "I got the recipe from a church cooking class and now fix it often, with rave reviews. You can serve it in bowls, but I always get more oohs and aahs when I put it in lovely goblets."
- 3 large tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 shortbread cookies, crushed
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the apples, sugar, water, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until apples are tender. Uncover; cook 9-11 minutes longer or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat.
- In each of four goblets or parfait glasses, layer 1 tablespoon cookie crumbs, the ice cream and the apple mixture. Top with remaining cookie crumbs and whipped cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apple Pie in a Goblet in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p33
Reviews for Apple Pie in a Goblet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review