Apple Pie in a Goblet Recipe
- 3 large tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 shortbread cookies, crushed
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the apples, sugar, water, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until apples are tender. Uncover; cook 9-11 minutes longer or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat.
- In each of four goblets or parfait glasses, layer 1 tablespoon cookie crumbs, the ice cream and the apple mixture. Top with remaining cookie crumbs and whipped cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Apple Pie in a Goblet
Sort By :
"Everyone who has had this recipe is in heaven. They all request it time and time again. I have already been asked to make it for Thanksgiving by my grandchildren. The one thing that I changed is the cinnamon. I use Saigon cinnamon found in your grocery store. It has also been a hit for the apple pie I make. The Saigon cinnamon is a star!!!!"
"Every time I have company or have my grandkids, they all ask for Apple Pie in a Goblet. They all LOVE it!!!!!"
"Fast, easy and elegant. This was a wonderful dessert. It will be great for a crowd also."
"it cools quickly, it's like a hot fudge sundae but with apples! honestly, why do we ever need apple pie again?"
"Cyndy Rogers, let the filling cool to warm then add the ice cream. You should have no problems."