Apple Pie Ice Cream Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into the eggs. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in whipping cream and vanilla. Add pie filling and cinnamon. Press waxed paper onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 3 quarts.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 248 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Apple Pie Ice Cream
"This is my favorite homemade ice cream recipe ever. I make this at least once a month!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.