Apple Pie Ice Cream Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into the eggs. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in whipping cream and vanilla. Add pie filling and cinnamon. Press waxed paper onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 3 quarts.
1/2 cup: 248 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (18g sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Apple Pie Ice Cream
"This is my favorite homemade ice cream recipe ever. I make this at least once a month!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.