Brown sugar-cinnamon toaster pastries lend scrumptious flavor to this crumble. “For a change of pace, try peach or blueberry pie filling instead of apple,” Michelle Kenney recommends from Sabina, Ohio.
Recommended: Top 10 Rhubarb Recipes
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 brown sugar-cinnamon toaster pastries, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine the pie filling, brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Combine toaster pastries and butter; sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple Crumble in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p15
Reviews for Apple Pie Crumble
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2014
"Very good, easy to make with ingredients you might already have in your pantry.i think it would also be good with peach pie filling."
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2010
"my kids love this!"