Apple Pie Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1. Set aside 1 tablespoon cake mix. Set aside 1-1/2 cups pie filling. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, water, oil, extract and remaining cake mix and pie filling; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour half into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and reserved cake mix; sprinkle over batter. Spoon reserved pie filling over batter to within 3/4 in. of edges; top with remaining batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. drizzle over cooled cake. Yield: 14 servings.
One piece equals 283 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit.