Apple Pie Bundles Recipe
These cute bundles taste like an apple pie but without all of the work—no fork needed! The ingredients in this recipe can easily be doubled for when you're expecting a crowd. —Amy Wood, Wichita, Kansas
- 1-1/4 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons apple butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons water
- 1. In small bowl, combine the apples, apple butter, sugar, apple pie spice and cinnamon.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to a 12-in. circle. Cut out 18 circles with a floured 3-in. round cutter, rerolling scraps if necessary. Press pastry onto the bottoms and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- 3. Spoon filling into each cup. Bring pastry edges over filling and twist; pinch seams to seal. Brush tops with butter.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 5. Combine confectioners' sugar and enough water to achieve a drizzling consistency. Spoon over bundles. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 bundle: 87 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein .
Reviews for Apple Pie Bundles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC