Apple Pie a la Mode Recipe
Here is a family favorite that combines apple pie filling and butter pecan ice cream with caramel topping and chopped nuts. I created it when trying to think up a rich dessert to complete a dinner party menu. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2 cups butter pecan ice cream, softened if necessary
- 1 jar (12 ounces) hot caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Spread half of the pie filling over crust. Top with half of the ice cream; freeze 30 minutes. Drizzle with half of the caramel topping; layer with remaining pie filling. Freeze 30 minutes. Scoop remaining ice cream over top. Freeze, covered, until firm.
- 2. Remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving. In a microwave, warm remaining caramel topping. Serve pie with warm caramel topping; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 398 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Apple Pie a la Mode
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC