Apple Person Recipe
—Julie Lavender, Oceanside, California
- 1 large marshmallow
- 1 Red or Golden Delicious apple
- 2 ropes black or red licorice
- Liquid yellow food coloring
- 2 teaspoons flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla frosting
- 2 miniature chocolate chips
- 1 maraschino cherry
- 1. For head, secure marshmallow to apple with a toothpick. Cut licorice into two 1-1/2-in.-long pieces for arms and two 3-in.-long pieces for legs (save remaining licorice for another use). Secure arms and legs to apple with toothpick halves. For hair, combine 2 drops yellow food coloring and 3 drops water in a small resealable bag. Add coconut; toss to coat.
- 2. Spread a small amount of frosting on top of marshmallow. Press coconut hair in place. Dip chocolate chips in frosting; insert into marshmallow for eyes. Cut a wedge of cherry into a smile; dip in frosting and place on marshmallow. Yield: 1 apple person.
Reviews for Apple Person
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC