1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 large marshmallow
- 1 Red or Golden Delicious apple
- 2 ropes black or red licorice
- Liquid yellow food coloring
- 2 teaspoons flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla frosting
- 2 miniature chocolate chips
- 1 maraschino cherry
- For head, secure marshmallow to apple with a toothpick. Cut licorice
- into two 1-1/2-in.-long pieces for arms and two 3-in.-long pieces
- for legs (save remaining licorice for another use). Secure arms and
- legs to apple with toothpick halves. For hair, combine 2 drops
- yellow food coloring and 3 drops water in a small resealable bag.
- Add coconut; toss to coat.
- Spread a small amount of frosting on top of marshmallow. Press
- coconut hair in place. Dip chocolate chips in frosting; insert into
- marshmallow for eyes. Cut a wedge of cherry into a smile; dip in
- frosting and place on marshmallow. Yield: 1 apple person.