Apple-Pecan Salad with Honey Vinaigrette Recipe
- 7 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 1/3 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a serving bowl, combine the lettuce, apple and pecans. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey, oil, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 115 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Apple-Pecan Salad with Honey Vinaigrette
"This salad is so simple to make and is so delicious. I used Gulden's brown mustard since I didn't have honey mustard. The subtle sweetness will likely appeal to kids. Except for slicing the apple right before serving to avoid browning, the few other ingredients can all be prepped in advance. I took this to a potluck and people went back for seconds. I will be making this again."