Apple-Pecan Salad with Honey Vinaigrette
Sweet-tart apples, like Braeburn or Empire, pair well with Parmesan cheese here. You can also try this salad with a Bartlett or Bosc pear and blue cheese. —Anna Russell, Peterborough, Ontario
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 7 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 1/3 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a serving bowl, combine the lettuce, apple and pecans. In a small
- bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey, oil, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour
- over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 115 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.