Apple Pecan Pancakes Recipe
Apples and pecans add a light crunch to these fluffy pancakes. Because they're easy to prepare and have a nice cinnamon flavor, they make a hearty breakfast, perfect for a crisp fall morning.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in milk, egg yolks and vanilla. Add apples and pecans. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into the batter. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot greased griddle or skillet. Turn when bubbles begin to form and the edges are golden. Cook until the second side is golden. Yield: 12 pancakes.
1 serving (3 each) equals 323 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 556 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC