Apples and pecans add a light crunch to these fluffy pancakes. Because they're easy to prepare and have a nice cinnamon flavor, they make a hearty breakfast, perfect for a crisp fall morning.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in milk, egg yolks and vanilla. Add apples and pecans. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into the batter. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot greased griddle or skillet. Turn when bubbles begin to form and the edges are golden. Cook until the second side is golden. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Originally published as Apple Pecan Pancakes in Taste of Home October/November 1993, p35
Reviews for Apple Pecan Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review