Apple Pecan Crepes Recipe
This is a very easy, quick and delicious brunch item. When they taste the nutty apple pie filling tucked inside the creamy vanilla sauce draped over the tender crepes, everyone "oohs" and "aahs" between bites. Prepare a big batch—people tend to go back for seconds and even thirds!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 prepared crepes (7 inches each)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine pie filling, pecans and cinnamon. Spread 2 rounded tablespoonfuls down the center of each crepe; roll up tightly.
- 2. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 10-14 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine egg, cream, sugar and extracts. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 3-1/2 to
- 4. 4-1/2 minutes or until thickened, stirring after each minute. Cool. Serve with crepes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 329 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC