Apple Pecan Crepes Recipe
This is a very easy, quick and delicious brunch item. When they taste the nutty apple pie filling tucked inside the creamy vanilla sauce draped over the tender crepes, everyone "oohs" and "aahs" between bites. Prepare a big batchpeople tend to go back for seconds and even thirds!
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 prepared crepes (7 inches each)
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- In a small bowl, combine the pie filling, pecans and cinnamon. Spread 2 rounded tablespoonfuls down the center of each crepe; roll up tightly.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-14 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the egg, cream, sugar and extracts. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 3-1/2 to
- 4-1/2 minutes or until thickened, stirring after each minute. Cool. Serve with crepes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple Pecan Crepes in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p27
Reviews for Apple Pecan Crepes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2012
This was my first time trying crepes, so this recipe was ok, it reminded me of a Christmas breakfast.