With cream cheese frosting on top, these treats are sure to become a holiday “must” at your house. Using the bread machine keeps preparation easy.—Sherri L. Emerson, Penn Yan, New York
- 1 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled apples
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a well-floured surface.
- Roll into a 21-in. x 16-in. rectangle; brush with butter. Combine the apples, brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon; spoon over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 1-3/4-in. slices.
- Place cut side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, beat the icing ingredients. Spread over warm rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Pecan Cinnamon Rolls in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p27
Reviews for Apple-Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2014
"great change from regular cinnamon rolls"
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2013
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2012
"Quick and easy, made them after dinner(kids helped sprinkle toppings) and they were a huge hit for school breakfast."