With cream cheese frosting on top, these treats are sure to become a holiday “must” at your house. Using the bread machine keeps preparation easy.—Sherri L. Emerson, Penn Yan, New York
Featured In: 20 Recipes to Bake with Cinnamon
- 1 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled apples
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a well-floured surface.
- Roll into a 21-in. x 16-in. rectangle; brush with butter. Combine the apples, brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon; spoon over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 1-3/4-in. slices.
- Place cut side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, beat the icing ingredients. Spread over warm rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Pecan Cinnamon Rolls in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p27
Reviews for Apple-Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review