Apple Pecan Cheesecake Recipe
This dessert definitely represents my area of the country! The recipe is an original that I developed after experimenting and combining parts of several other recipes. So I can claim this recipe as my very own! —Barbara Martin Thompson, Pollock Pines, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- APPLE TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 6 medium Granny Smith or tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Combine crust ingredients; press into the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up sides of a 9-in. springform pan. Refrigerate.
- 2. For topping, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a Dutch oven; stir in lemon juice. Add apples. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or just until apples are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans. Cool to room temperature. Set aside 3 tablespoons for filling; refrigerate remaining topping until serving.
- 3. Combine the cream cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl; mix until well blended. Add reserved topping; mix well. Pour into crust.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Turn oven off, but leave cheesecake in oven with door ajar for 1 hour. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Just before serving, top with apple topping. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 358 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC