As family arrives for a get-together, I make sure this fruity and savory Brie is in the oven so the aromas of cinnamon and apples fill the house. —Alicia Gower, Auburn, New York
Featured In: 40 Appetizers for Fall Celebrations
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small tart apple, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- Assorted crackers
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add apple, cranberries, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until apple is tender.
- Cut Brie horizontally in half; place bottom half in a 9-in. pie plate. Top with half of the apple mixture; replace top. Top with remaining apple mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Serve warm with crackers. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Pecan Baked Brie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p12
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Apple-Pecan Baked Brie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2016
"Just delicious!! I chopped the apples to match the size of the cranberries. Everyone loved it and I've been asked to make it again!"