Apple Pear Salsa with Cinnamon Chips Recipe
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 cups finely chopped tart apples (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup finely chopped ripe pear
- 1/2 cup quartered seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1. Coat both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray. Combine the sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over broth sides of tortillas.
- 2. Cut each into eight wedges. Place on baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 4-5 minutes or until crisp.
- 3. Meanwhile, for salsa, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Serve with the cinnamon chips. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving (1/2 cup salsa with 4 chips) equals 141 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Apple Pear Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
"Didn't like this as much as I thought I would. The flavor was not that great and the chips were rather bland. Might try again but make some changes (add more grapes, add more juice/orange peel, add more pears, a little less apple, and add a little lemon juice to help preserve the color of the apples and pears; and add more sugar/cinnamon to the chips)"
"I make this every year for my Super Bowl "feast". Everyone loves it! (Although, I don't put in the celery.)"
"Too much orange flavor in this one. It was OK."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.