For a fun treat that's sure to be requested at all your parties, try this appetizer. The salsa offers good-for-you fruits, and the crunchy home-baked chips are healthy alternative to commercial snacks. —Courtney Fons of Brighton, Michigan
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 cups finely chopped tart apples (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup finely chopped ripe pear
- 1/2 cup quartered seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Coat both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray. Combine the sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over broth sides of tortillas.
- Cut each into eight wedges. Place on baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 4-5 minutes or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, for salsa, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Serve with the cinnamon chips. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Apple Salsa with Cinnamon Chips in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p39
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Apple Pear Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review