When very good friends drove a long way to visit me after I moved, I served them this wonderful salad with fruit and nuts. Needless to say, we had a great visit and lots of good food. —Cathy Seed of Summerfield, North Carolina
- 2 medium tart apples, cut into chunks
- 2 medium firm pears, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup seedless red grapes
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 head Boston or Bibb lettuce
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a bowl, toss apples and pears with lemon juice. Add grapes; toss gently. In a another bowl, combine the water, vinegar, oil, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over fruit and toss to coat. Serve in lettuce-lined bowls; sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apple Pear Salad in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p31
Reviews for Apple Pear Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 2, 2016
"My husband LOVED this! Easy and with summer approaching we are already planning what fruit we are going to put in this. YUMMY!!"